Job Title: FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN (1 Position Available)
Level: Junior – Previous Experience (1-3 years in a technical, support or IT field)
Hiring Manager: Sieghart Michielsen, Director Europe
Contact Person: Sieghart Michielsen – email@example.com
NIU TECHNOLOGIES is the #1 Smart Scooter company in the world, having sold more than 640,000 scooters since the company launch in June 2015. Partnered with Bosch, Panasonic, Vodafone and other world-class suppliers, the team at NIU is changing the way we explore and commute in our urban environment.
The NIU INTERNATIONAL team is a group of entrepreneurial minded professionals that are building the global brand image, distribution channels, and international manufacturing partnerships.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter Field Service Technician to deliver the desired customer service experience during the repair of our products. The goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability.
NOTE: You will be mentored by Sieghart Michielsen during the first 90 days to provide you the foundation for the responsibilities of this position and will receive monthly reviews of your performance during your first year with the company. This position requires domestic and international travel, so a valid passport is required for the job. Extended regional travel will be expected.
- Managing all on-site technical support for our partners, maintenance, and test tasks.
- Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions.
- Ability in executing calibration and validation procedures by using our internal software, including optical measurements, mechanical precision measurements, and software procedures.
- Ability in data processing by means of excel software, based on templates with understanding and mastering of the used formulas.
- Produce timely and detailed service reports.
- Document processes.
- Analyze and improve all company’s filed procedures and protocols.
- Cooperate with the technical team and share information across the organization.
- Comprehend customer requirements and make appropriate recommendations/briefings.
- Able to build positive relationships with customers.
- Create and maintain technical training materials
- Conduct on-site training and create online training materials
- Regional site visits to measure dealership competency and training requirements.
- Conduct regional training classes with distribution partners – i.e. train the trainer.
SKILL SETS AND EXPERIENCE
- Comfortable working in a start-up atmosphere.
- Must have an entrepreneur mindset.
- Must have a competitive mindset.
- Autonomous, rigorous, dynamic and motivated personality.
- Open-minded capability of learning in a multi-disciplinary environment and interacting with colleagues having different backgrounds, even remotely between China and Europe.
- Structured and well-organized attitude towards the execution of procedures, as well as their tracking, including proactive and critical reporting of possible production issues and ability to propose solutions for continuous improvements.
- Familiarity with Windows, Microsoft Office and general understanding of computer use.
- Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair, and service of technical equipment.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally (75%+).
- Be a team player that is able and willing to help colleagues succeed.
- Implement basic systems to expedite work-flow across multiple people, teams, and organizations.
- Comfortable with and willing to learn digital training tools.
- Fluent English – Mandatory
- German, French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, or any other European languages (and Mandarin) are a bonus.
To Apply: Send your CV & motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org